Thursday, March 24, 2011

Led by Jesus... like Jesus... to Jesus: 7

John 2:23-25
When Jesus performed miracles, many believed in him, but he didn’t commit to them based on a response to the miraculous. He “knew what was in man.” It seems that there are varying levels of faith, and the crowd’s faith wasn’t what Jesus sought. We are fickle creatures, too easily swayed by the sensational and by things that feel supernatural. Faith that is easily inflamed by the miraculous can also easily cool off when the miraculous is replaced by the mundane.

Two thoughts on leading like Jesus:

(1) I should not be swayed or enamoured by those who speak highly of me or my ministry. My goal is to please the Father and be faithful to the mission he called me to.
(2) The ones Jesus entrusted himself to were his disciples and a few other close followers. So too we must have a team around us that we entrust ourselves to and invest in through discipleship.

No comments:

Post a Comment